Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Best Medicine

A long, long time ago... back in the day when we roamed the halls of Farrer Middle School... I was introduced to a girl wearing plaid shorts and a purple shirt during a day long event called PHASE (Peers Helping Advance Self Esteem). Members of the same team... squad... group... whatever we were called... We were asked to perform a skit. Together, my new friend Mandy and I were the Sister Step Uglies. Halfway through the performance, Mandy tripped... loosing her contact and leaving us frantically searching (Mandy now practically blind) in front of all of our peers. This event marked the beginning of what 13 years later, is still a laugh attack.

Now to show you the reason we are still laughing... answer me this question, do you know anyone who has more dimples than Nathan Kolbaba? 
My day in Phoenix was spent all smiles... eating In n Out, seeing their great house and learning what Tilt-Up Construction is! Can't wait to go back!

5 comments:

FamilyKolbaba said...

Hooray! We loved having you here as well. Nothing feels better than a belting laugh from the gut with an old friend. And, that is the most hideous picture of my handsome husband that I have ever seen, and that is saying something. You forgot to mention that while we were laughing trying to pose for a picture he just kept snapping shots that kept making us laugh harder! I love that dork. And I love you. Come back soon!!

FamilyKolbaba said...

PS....This post made me cry :)

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

jamie, you are so cute! I am excited you are blogging now...it's lots of fun! we will see you down in FL this summer...can't wait!

John, Mica, Jackson, Grace, Kai, and Lucy said...

Hey, glad to see you! If it be only online! see us at hauleyhighlife.blogspot.com!
Adios!
John & Mica

Shelley Nicole said...

I love you both and am grateful for my experiences with both of those gut laughing, cracking up faces. Glad you got to play! Next time I hope I can be there too!