Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It is a BEAUTIFUL spring!

So, in my four years in the great state of Florida, I have actually come to love and appreciate many things that I was worried about before I moved here. Namely, the humidity and hot weather. Granted it is April, and still absolutely perfect outside... but I must admit, I find myself becoming quite at home here! In the last week, I have gone to two of my happiest places on earth... First to the Tampa Bay Rays game! I'm not sure when they ditched the Devil part of there name, but I'm pretty sure it is gone. Here I got to sit in the grass (actually really impressive grass for Florida) in 75 degree PERFECT weather and take turns watching the hilarious children that were scattered around the hill and the baseball game. Baseball games remind me of Minnesota and summertime going to Twins games with my family and my dad teaching me to keep score and stats. Of course no ballgame is complete without a hot dog and nachos.

Second... I WENT BOATING! This picture is of me jumping into the mouth of an Alligator... or so I thought. :o) Boating and being in the water is truly the one thing that has made me happy since I was a baby. We spent the day skiing and wake boarding and barbecuing (we even bbq'd pineapple and corn!) and serving (pulling grass roots out of the lake so there was an area to swim) and soaking up the sun! So mostly, today I love Florida. 

8 comments:

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

I love Florida everyday! and I will be there tomorrow..late, so really Thursday!!! Who did you go boating with and where?? Ryan is a boating mania and really sacrificing to leave the boat here...but ok cause there is a wakeboard park to go to...he would love if we went boating!!!

FamilyKolbaba said...

That is a classic Jamie picture! I'm glad you're enjoying life and the great weather. Today in Phoenix the high is only going to be 86, which is lovely, so I'm feeling some az pride myself :)

Justin and Amy said...

Jamie! I just saw your link on Allie's blog. Remember your best freshman year roomate ever??:) I haven't talked to you in so long! I love finding people's blogs. You look like you are having tons of fun, as usual! It's good to catch up on stuff thru your blog:)

Justin and Amy said...

P.S. We are going to Disneyworld at the end of this month. Will you be there? That would be so fun to see you. Write back on my blog if you get a chance or email me. amygrundy1234@gmail.com

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley said...

yeah yeah yeah, you weather bragging tarts! jk Really though, Utah needs a good smack upside the head, if it had a head. IT's actually been slightly warmish the past couple days though so thats good, but it will probably snow like tomorrow or something. Definitely not boating weather yet! I'm glad you had fun! Tis my favorite thing to do! And quite a bit more enjoyable when I am doing it with you :)

Wilde Lady said...

Doesn't the girl in the red sweater work at Boyd's Book Store next to the temple? She used to be in Brad's family's ward in North Carolina. I forget her name. The mormon world is small.

k N d said...

isn't it about time for a new post?